Re: Line Format

On 2001.11.17 15:43 Ruben Safir wrote:
> How about getting it to word wrap correctly.
>
> That's more the aim.
>

> Ruben

Ruben,

I fixed this for myself by just specifying a parameter in the
preferences.  You can also turn word wrap off, as Ali suggested, then the
text will fill the window, side to side.  Also, a lot of times it's other
peoples' clients screwing up the wrapping, they can specify where they
want their outgoing mails to wrap, after all.  I notice this especially
with mailing lists.  I set my incoming wrapping to 79 and outgoing to 75
and haven't had a problem with it since, but I'm sure YMMV.  Make sure
your window is big enough for the number you give in preferences, btw.

Wonderful Balsa coders:  I noticed that to see the changes you specify in
preferences, you actually have to quit out of balsa and restart.  Apply
doesn't seem to work for this.  To duplicate, I turned word wrap for
incoming and outgoing email off, and hit apply both times.  I sent myself
an email, it was wrapped.  I quit and restarted balsa, the email I sent
myself wasn't wrapped.  I turned word wrap for incoming and outgoing email
back on and hit apply both times.   I sent myself an email, it wasn't
wrapped.  I quit and restarted, the email was wrapped.   This is balsa
1.2.1.

Rikke