Re: Balsa & SMTP Authentication

On 13 Nov 2001, 02:53:23 PM Jerry Van Brimmer wrote:

> I have installed Balsa 1.2.3 in my SuSE 7.3 machine. I used the rpm
> package for SuSE 7.3. I cannot get any mail to send because my ISP's
> smtp server requires authentication, i.e. username & password. I cannot
> find any place in Balsa to enter this info. If I remember right, version
> 1.2.0 had a place for this info, but 1.2.3 doesn't. Or, is there some
> library or file I need to install?

Have you tried the options under

Settings -> Preferences -> Mail Servers

the lower part of this window for me is "outgoing mail" which has the
option of putting in a username and password.

James C. McPherson
--
TSG Engineer (Kernel/Storage)           828 Pacific Highway
APAC Customer Care Centre               Gordon NSW

Failfast panic: those controlling voices in my head have
stopped telling me what to do.....

Read about the VOS Initiative at http://www.vosinitiative.com