Re: [Q] : Why and what is the DO_CLIST_WORKAROUND

On 2001.11.07 17:16 Emmanuel wrote:
> 	Hi all,
> I'm look at the balsa-index code because I wantto have a sane last
> message in the message list :)
> But I don't understand the DO_CLIST_WORKAROUND thing.
> I don't think it is related to the "last line" bug, it is just to
> satisfy my natural curiosity :)

Older gtk+ libraries had broken gtk_clist_sort() method that basically
corrupted the data in the list (random pointers at the beginning of the
list). (the broken method was there allegedly for two years before the
problem was localized).

This has been fixed in roughly gtk+-1.2.8 IIRC so this workaround can be
slowly phased out.

/Pawel
--
Pawel Salek, Theoretical Chemistry, SCFAB, Stockholm
http://www.theochem.kth.se/~pawsa/