MIME-coding and printing problems in balsa

Hello,

last time I got a mail which was sent by from Yahoo (probably using
Webmail). The mail contains german Umlauts (8 bit), but Yahoo has
marked the mail with "Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=us-ascii". It
was no problem to read the mail on screen (I use
LANG=de_DE.ISO-8859-1), but I wasn't able to print the message with
balsa. Every line with Umlauts was truncated.

I think, that Yahoo's config is wrong, but anyway, if lots of such
mailers exist (?), a mail program should work around this. An easy way
is adding a rule "us-ascii->iso-8859-1" (us-ascii is a subset of
"iso-8859-1").

I use:
- Balsa 1.2.2
- Gnome-Print 0.29
- SuSE Linux 7.3 distribution (includes Gnome 1.4.1 beta 2)
- ISO-8859-1 and cyrillic fonts for X and Ghostscript

The problem can be tested with the following short mail: