Patch for email signatures

Hello Everyone,

I have attached to this message three small patches that make it possible
to use a program or a named PIPE (FIFO) to generate signatures at the
bottom of messages.

I have modified the function read_signature() in sendmsg-window.c and added
a new function to libbalsa/misc.c that reads files without using stat
functions.  This enables balsa to either create a PIPE to a program and
read its output, or open a file that is a FIFO and read its output giving
dynamic signatures.  For example, the sig at the bottom of this message was
generated by a really simple Perl program.

To specify a FIFO you don't need to do anything special in your config.  To
specify a program, you add a "|" to the beginning of the path to your
signature file in the config.  If people like this feature, they may want
to add a checkbox to specify a program instead of the "|" notation, but I
didn't want to mess with the GUI.  So, to generate the sig at the bottom of
this message, my config has the following for the sig file:
"|/home/catchen/dynsig.pl".

I have made three separate patches for sendmsg-window.c, misc.h and misc.c
because I was having trouble making a patch for the whole directory.  They
are taken against the balsa-1.1.4 source and are unified diffs.  Would it
be possible for someone to add a paragraph to the HACKING file describing
the way balsa developers like to receive patches?

Please try out these patches and send feedback. Also, let me know if you
need the patches in another format.

julian

--
j. m. c a t c h e n | (t o p e k a)