Killing the whole system

All,

I have now had this happen several times, while using Balsa 1.1.1.

On startup, when I attempt to either open a mailbox or compose a new
message, Balsa hangs my entire system. The mouse doesn't move, can't switch
to another virtual termainal, can't kill the Xserver, nothing.

When it dies, it always leaves the hard drive light bright red as if it was
trying to read or write fromteh hard disk and encountered some type of race
condition.

Anyone know anything about this?  Anyone had a similar experience?

Thanks,

julian

--
j. m. c a t c h e n | (t o p e k a)