Re: Mouse grab locking.

On Sun, Feb 25 2001 18:28:05 Carlos Morgado wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 25, 2001 at 03:15:23PM -0500, Jason A . Smith wrote:
> >
> > With the lasest CVS versions of balsa I have had problems with the
> > mouse being grabbed and locked by balsa when I click on a local
> > mailbox in the list on the left to open it.  I am not sure if this
> > is the correct terminology with GTk (my only GUI experience is with
> > Tk where it is called grab).  When it locks up like this I can't
> > do anything with the mouse anymore and am forced to go to another
> > virtual console to kill the balsa process.  Has anyone else seen
> > this behavior?
>
> only when the mbox file doesn't exist. is that the case ?
> (if it is, it's fixed in cvs)

I still have this problem with the latest balsa-1.1.2, but I have
noticed some additional conditions.  I only see the problem when
running a SMP kernel on a dual pentium.  When I run the same kernel
in nosmp mode I don't experience this locking up at all.  So I
guess it must be some kind of thread race condition.

Hope this helps,
~Jason

| Jason A. Smith                     E-mail:  smithj4_rpi@yahoo.com  |
| Physics Department                 Phone:   (518)276-2050          |
| Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute   FAX:     (518)276-6680          |
| Troy, NY 12180-3590                WWW:          N/A               |