Help on filters!

	Hi all,
I'm trying to code the filter_run* functions, but I'm confused on how to

make the actual filtering : eg how I access the message body to do the
match, how I apply the regexs, how to use the libmutt facilities.
Perhaps the first question is : shall we use the libmutt pattern related
functions (in that case we have to build the list of pattern from our
filter list to be able to use these functions) or just code from scratch
our filters operations?
I would like someone to point me to docs or give me some guidelines to
help me progress faster.
Thanks
Manu