can't lock mailbox

Hi,

I'm pretty new to Balsa although I've used Gnome for a
couple of years. Last night, I upgraded from Balsa 1.1.1 to
Balsa 1.1.5. I got and installed libesmtp-0.7.1-1 as well.

Previously, Balsa 1.1.1 had been getting my mail. When I
opened Balsa this morning, I got the error message "Couldn't
lock /var/spool/mail/gino" and Balsa didn't acquire my mail.

Is this a matter of a tmp lock file that needs to be
removed? Or of my settings? I checked the settings and they
looked right to me.

Balsa did access another account via IMAP.

I'm running RedHat 7.1 and usinve IceWM as my desktop.

Thank you for any suggestions.

Gino

--
Gino Peregrini