Re: Yet more suggestions

On 2001.06.19 10:15:42 +0100 Ian Leonard wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Since we're discussing suggestions, can I make a few?

of course

[snip]

> 3. I have noticed that one of my folders (mbox format) does not have the
> number of unread messages updated. I noted that it was the last one

it doesn't update the mailbox list numbers to avoid opening mailboxes
that are closed. it does flag the mboxes with new messages by changing its
colour.

the current cvs should check for new mail after fetching pop so no more
hitting 'get mail' twice

> in the list (beginning with v). I added a dummy mbox starting with Z and
> waited for mail to come into the box beginning with V. Typically none
> arrived so I edited the Status header line with a text editor. Balsa
> crashed. Presumably Balsa doesn't like files edited underneath it - I

it shouldn't do that. in fact, i've been quite nasty testing that and
never got so much as a corrupted mbox. what version are you using ?

> 5. I have also noticed that sometimes the words in the To: box disappear.
> I have never been quite able to find out exactly when this happens but
> I think it's something to do with cuting and pasting the address. I am
> using Gnome, so the problem may lie there. Also you sometimes get an odd
> character after the pasted address.

that *is* buggy and should be reviewed. sigh.

Software is like sex; it's better when it's free. - Linus Torvalds