Re: RESEND: Physical deletion of text from InBox & Eudora feature

On 2001.06.12 17:28:23 +0100 Philip Rhoades wrote:
> Didn't get a response last time so I thought I'd try again . .
>
> Why is it that the text corresponding to a deleted message is not
> physically deleted from the InBox file?

that has been discussed on the list some time ago. balsa can't commit to
disk properly now. the only way is to close and reopen the mailbox.
that is being worked on.

> Is it possible to have an option which is the Eudora feature that places
> attachments in an Attach directory instead of leaving them as hexed text in
> the message itself?

you mean in the mail spool itself ? that totally breaks the standard mailbox
formats. i'm usually against that. (did you notice balsa remembers the
last save directory now :=))

Software is like sex; it's better when it's free. - Linus Torvalds