Re: characters ISO8859-1 (West European - pt)

This is what I can never understand with localization.
I do not want to localize anything in X
(I'm used to have plain old US english everywhere, ls sorting according
to ascii codes and not alphabetically, etc),
but I do want to read messages written in differen languages (and
several different languages moreoever, say english, russian (cyrillic),
estonian (accents) ).

Sorry, it is not question of Balsa, it is a question about localization
phylosophy.