Re: It works now ( was "problem with Balsa" :) )

On Sat,  2 June 09:54 Hidic Anel wrote:
| Hello,
| finally this one is writen with Balsa :)
| It was problem "receive first" as you said. And I had to wait few
| minutes
| before I could send message. It was my ISP and SMTP server time delay.

Right.  I've had this with some ISPs I've tried as well.  I must
admit I'm curious as to why the time delay exists at all.  I wonder if
its a DNS related thing?

| didn't wait long enough I think. But I am still wondering why I can do
| that
| in Netscape and not here :).

When I get a chance I'll do a packet trace on such an authentication,
IIRC, Yahoo email accounts have the time delay problem.

If anyone else on the list knows the solution to this problem, I'd
like to know what it is.

| However it works now. No need to reboot
| Windows :)
| Thanks a lot for your time and response ... Learned something again :)
| And here is the output when I try to compile test program :
| ========================================================================
| bash-2.03# pwd
| /compiled_progs/libesmtp-0.7.3/examples
| bash-2.03# make
| cc -g -static mail-file.o `libesmtp-config --libs` -o mail-file
| /libltdl/libltdl.la: file not recognized: File format not recognized
| collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
| make: *** [mail-file] Error 1
| bash-2.03#

OK, not quite sure here, but if libltdl is already installed on your
system check that the installation isn't broken.  For example
if it came from an RPM try verifying it.

If libltdl is not already installed, try add ing the
 --enable-ltdl-install option to the configure script and install
libESMTP again, see if that clears the problem.

Regards
Brian Stafford