gtk-programming help requested

	Hi all,
I'm now completing the GUI part of filters, but I've problem with
gtk-programming. Here are my questions, if someone could help, it'll be
very appreciated (even links to better doc than what I've found in my
debian :) :
- On errors, I want to tell the filter dialog to exit : for now I just
do some clean-ups and call gtk_widget_destroy on the GtkWidget *
pointing on the dialog widget (in fact I call directly the callback
function which handles OK/CANCEL buttons, simulating a CANCEL button
press); is that correct ? Any suggestion if not ?
- next I have a list of "conditions" of the filter; when you select an
element of this list, other widgets gets filled according to the
definition of the condition newly selected. Conversely when you have
modified these latter widgets and you select another condition, the
condition being unselected is synchronized with widgets content, but
this can lead to error (eg regular expression syntax errors) so that I
wan't to be able to prevent unselection (and so selection) on error.
What is the good method to do that ?
For now I do this in the unselection callback which performs the checks;
on failure it doesn't call gtk_list_unselect and calls
gtk_signal_emit_stop_by_name(list_widget,"select_row"); is that correct?
I'm sorry if all this is off-topic, but right now I can only compile the
sources and I've now way to run balsa-1.1.7 due to lack of recent libs
(and won't be able to download them, I have to wait the next debian-CDs
:( ).
By the way I wonder if someone is interested in testing what I have
until now. It'll be hard testing because of the above "disclaimer" :),
but would greatly help me. For now only one person is testing that
stuff, so any help will be very appreciated.
Thanks if you've read 'till here.
Bye
Manu