removing old messages

I don't know if this can be done with balsa right now, but perhaps I can
do it using a perl/shell script.

The situation is the following: my mailboxes are growing and I would like
to reduce some of them and just keep the latest messages (say 10-15 days),
while in some other cases I would like to keep all messages in the last
year, and so on (I want flexibility!).

Perhaps this could be added as a feature to Balsa?

Now the question: how do i do this now? I would like to avoid reinventing
the wheel ... so if there is already a solution for my need I would go for
it.

Thanks in advance,

Fernan

Dr. Fernan Aguero                                    | INTI, Edificio 24
Laboratorio de Genomica y Bioinformatica             | 1650, San Martin,
Instituto de Investigaciones Biotecnologicas - UNSAM | BA, Argentina