Re: Another configuration error

On 2001.07.15 16:46:22 +0200 Pawel Salek wrote:
> On 2001.07.15 06:43 Joseph Crail wrote:
> > Apparently, during the check for iconv_open in the configure script, it
> > is assumed that iconv_open is defined in libiconv.a.  However, on my
> > Debian system, the iconv_open and iconv_close functions are defined in
> > libc.a.  Is anyone aware of this issue?
>
> On my redhat system, iconv_open and iconv_close functions are defined in
> libc.so and they get detected properly. I don't even have libiconv. I have
> not heard yet anyone complaining on the configure script in this respect
> (but it obviously proves nothing).

hello,

i already heard of this iconv issue. people had serious problems configuring
galeon with that iconv thing. from what i remember people talked about broken
glibc or something like this. also about some separate packages or something
like this. i am hearing about his more and more not only on #galeon also on
#nautilus, #gimp and #gnome. this must be a serious problem.

cheers.

--
Name....: Ali Akcaagac
E-Mail..: mailto:ali.akcaagac@stud.fh-wilhelmshaven.de