Re: gpg et co

On 2001.07.12 10:18:39 +0100 christophe barbé wrote:
> I've had a look at seahorse, gpgp and for integration with mailer
> references xfmail.
> I would like to do it like it is in xfmail with a from scratch code and
> using directly gnupg.

don't. it's utter poop. the current pipe mechanism is crap. there's one
gnupg "interface" lib but iirc it doesn't hide the pipe mechanism so it's
kind of useless.
you might as well just make balsa of mutt's gpg code.

> To be frankly, I'm not yet corba aware and I'm not convinced it's required
> here. If you have good arguments I could look at corba.

well, if seahorse has a good interface it would be easily replacable (on
the users discretion) with something else, prolly after someone do a clean
gnupg interface.
also, for gnome desktops having 1 crypto corba server and all apps using it
it the right thing to do (as opposed to coding gpg and pgp and whatnot support
into all apps)

Software is like sex; it's better when it's free. - Linus Torvalds