Re: Prefs and window positions

Hi Ali,

 to tell the truth, I am quite new to using Linux as a production desktop,
have been running linux servers (without X) for years but only played with
gnomw. I had naively assumed that the application would tell the WM which
window's positions are important to save and which aren't. I dnd't know I
have to explicitly tell the WM to remember a window's position and size.

Now I know, did it and it works like a charm. No need for that particular
patch then, this is much more general and much more usable!

I already set the windows of all the troublesome apps to stick where I put
them, this is a GoodThing. You're right, leave it to the WM, forget that
patch.

I still have my opinion about prefs, though..... there aren't enough of
them by far.

btw: It would be nice to be able to select a folder as "inbox" for each
pop3 mailbox individually... wouldn't that be nice, and it wouldn't even
clutter the prefs box... :)

Melanie