Re: Patch for message read window size

Hi,

On Tue, 10 Jul 2001 19:20:21
 M . Thielker wrote:
>On 2001.07.10 17:42 christophe barbi wrote:
>Well, I think that there can't be enough things in prefs. In my opinion,

But if you put too much into preferences, the poor user will waste weeks configuring balsa to fit her taste, instead of using it for some productive work :)

>All window size saving/restoring that should be done by the window manager
>does not work on my system. I'm using RedHat 7.1 / Sawfish / Gnome /
>XFree86 4.x.

I think you should take a look at your
configuration of gnome and sawfish. You
have mentioned also pop up windows showing
up in "incorrect" workspaces. There is
definitely an option in gnome/sawfish
config for controlling where pop ups are
displayed.

>There really should be an option to keep all Balsa windows on one physical
>screen, by making sure that such related windows as "Choose identity" od
>"Address book" appear centered relative to the window from which they were
>opened, constrained to the physical monitor they're on.

Uh, that's a window manager's job, too. :)
I'm not discarding your ideas, but balsa is
not the only application, and your
suggestions about where to put pop ups etc.
can be made about others as well. If each
application would implement it anew, this
would be lots of reinventing a wheel and
bloat. That's why better leave such stuff
to window manager.

Maciej

Get 250 color business cards for FREE!