Re: Disk full bug

On 2001-07-09 23:51 Karl O . Pinc wrote:
> Using balsa 1.1.6.
>
> Start balsa.  All mailboxes are mbox (except maybe sentbox, draftbox,
> Trash, etc default to.)
>
> File->New->Local mbox mailbox, make a new mbox folder.
>
> Bug 0.  New folder does not appear in mailbox list.

Could not reproduce this one. Can you provide more details, including
values you type in. Thanks.

> Fill disk using fetchmail (in mda, mail delivery agent via procmail,
> not
> smtp mode).
>
> Balsa shows in inbox (/var/spool/mail/$USER) mail that should have
> been
> procmail filtered into other mailboxes.  (Looks like the mail gets
> delivered to the inbox and then the full disk prevents moving to other
> folders.)
>
> Attempt to rightclick->transfer 2 messages to another folder.  (Not,
> incidently, to the newly created mailbox.)
>
> Bug 1.  Balsa crashes.  Error dialog says "disk full".  It shouldn't
> crash.

That's right. Will have a look at it when I only get a full disk (or
perhaps faster :-).

> Bug 2.  Upon restarting Balsa you get the "looks like you haven't used
> balsa yet" startup wizard.  Quit the startup wizard.  Start balsa
> again
> from command line.  Error on terminal is:
>
> ** WARNING **: *** Could not load basic configuration!
>
> Balsa then proceeds to go through the startup wizard.  Your old config
> is gone.  File size of ~/.gnome/balsa is 0 (at least after the wizard
> starts but before you fill out the wizard.)  It should not eat your
> config file.

This is gnome-config bug, not really balsa's. We just hand in data to
gnome-config functions.

BTW, has anybody been looking at GConf pro and cons?

/Pawel
--
Pawel Salek (pawsa@theochem.kth.se) http://www.theochem.kth.se/~pawsa/
Theoretical Chemistry Division, KTH voice: +46 8 790-8202