SMTP relay error

Hello,

I have a machine running Balsa with not problems. A second machine (which
is routed out via the first using ipfwd) has suddenly developed a problem.

When mail is sent a dialog box with the message "SMTP protocol error: cannot
relay" pops up.

The balsa version is 1.1.4. The smtp host is set to that of my ISP. It
could be that the the ISP have changed their software to block relayed
mail but I don't know enough about it to know.

Any clues would be appreciated (BTW, my ISP is NTL)

TIA.

--
Ian Leonard
eMail: ileonard@ntlworld.com

Please ignore spelling and punctuation - I did.