KDE Dock swallowing Balsa

Greetings.
I've been using Balsa for a while now and it's coming along very nicely.
I've just updated to the CVS version (well, I was going for 1.1.6 but it
crashed whenever I sent a message) and the IMAP support is definitely heaps
better (thanks to whoever is working on this bit 8^).

Anyway.. my problem.  For various reasons I am currently running KDE and
have found that the KDE dock bar swallows balsa whenever I run it and I'm
left with a 64x64 window showing the 2 menu bars.  Actually, I just tried
to get a little screen shot to demonstrate and this version behaves
differently.  I can see the main balsa window open then the dock swallows
it but doesn't actually display anything but a blank icon and my CPU usage
sits at 100% until I kill balsa.

I've done a bit of stuffing around with the debugger to see what's going
on, but I'm no C guru.  It gets as far as the gtk_main() in main.c at which
point the inital process dies (is it supposed to do this?  I dunno) and I'm
not quite sure how to debug threaded applications yet.

So, if anyone has had this problem and knows how to fix it I would
appreciate some info.  If not I will just bumble along a bit more and see
if I can figure it out myself

Cheers
Michael