Re: Creating new mailboxes

On 2001.02.20 19:37:02 +0100 Linda and Frank wrote:
> I searched through the list archives and the FAQ but couldn't (or used the
> wrong keywords) find the problem I discovered today.
> My Balsa 1.1.1 can't open mail boxes I created. Whenever I create a new
> mailbox (mbox) and try to move email to it, Balsa complains that it cannot
> open the destination mailbox for writing.
> However, mailboxes created by procmail it can open just fine.
> I must be missing something obvious but cannot figure out what that may be.

you seem really to be brand new to linux/unix. check up if you have the
permission set correctly to your newly created mailboxes.

i recommend you read the basics of the filehierarchy of linux..

thats the usual style of files and directories. owner, group, others

 .---------- owner
 |   .------ group
 |   |   .-- others
 |   |   |
 v   v   v
rwx rwx rwx

make sure you set to 600

rwx rwx rwx
110 000 000   = 6 0 0

so you as owner can read and write to that file..

--
Name....: Ali Akcaagac
E-Mail..: mailto:ali.akcaagac@stud.fh-wilhelmshaven.de