Re: [Q] : search window ?

On 2001.12.22 01:58 Pawel Salek wrote:
> On 2001.12.21 13:19 Emmanuel wrote:
>> There was a feature request to have a window containing all messages
>> matching a search request, and when you click on one of these messages
>> you are moved to the actual message of the mailbox.
>> I have an idea to implement that having in mind that I want to reuse
>> max of code. Namely I just want to mimic the pop3 hack : create a fake
>> mailbox, fill it with matching messages and then create a BalsaIndex
>> associated to that mailbox. Then you're almost done (you just have to
>> manage the click and the selection of the corresponding message in the
>> actual mailbox, that's easy I think).
>
> This is simplest, but far from good. Imagine, you mistype your search
> and end up copying several megabytes of data. I am afraid the right way
> of doing it should be more sofisticated. What about subclassing
> LibBalsaMailbox?

OK this sounds like a good idea. And I think we should also have a
hierarchy of "BalsaIndex type" class : ie it would be necessary to handle
the two different types of indexes to have one root class that defines the
common behaviour (in particular all UI issues are common I think), and two
leaves that specializes for the two types of indexes. For example we must
have a sync between the index of found messages and the actual index where
the user can add or delete messages to keep things coherent...
Bye
Manu