Re: Handling of delete with IMAP

On 2001.12.14 09:00:52 -0600 Alexander Skwar wrote:

> When I hit "D" to delete a message, Balsa moves the deleted message
> into the Trash folder.  How do I configure Balsa to just set the
> Delete flag for this message?

I am also interested in this.  I have a slow dial-up connection to an
overloaded IMAP server, and I really don't like downloading huge
HTML-based spam files just to delete them.  I would like to be able to:

  o select a message on my IMAP server without downloading anything to
show in the viewer, and

  o delete selected messages on my IMAP server without downloading them
to my local trashbox.

Presumably not everyone will want the same thing, so these access
mechanisms probably need to be an optional preferences setting, or else
a secondary click / accelerator key binding.

Thanks,

Bobby Bryant
Austin, Texas