Re: IMAP check problems - again

Hi,

On 2001.08.27 13:20 Carlos Morgado wrote:
> change
>
> static gboolean
> imap_check_test(const gchar * path)
> {
> fprintf(stderr, "%s\n\n",path); <--
>     /* path has been parsed, so it's just the folder path */
>     if (balsa_app.check_imap && balsa_app.check_imap_inbox)
> 	return (strstr(path, "INBOX") != NULL);
>     else
> 	return balsa_app.check_imap;
> }

When I originally wrote this code, I considered doing it that way, then I
saw so many problems that I decided not to do it.

Assume:

INBOX

  +- Mailbox1
  |      |
  |      +- INBOX

  +- NewINBOX

Now, which ones will get checked??

And what's the "full/path" part? The path on the IMAP server's local
filesystem? If yes, that's in violation of the IMAP RFCs, I'd think.
Or do you mean /usr/name/INBOX ? If so, that's legal and needs to be
identified, see above.

Melanie