Re: gnome_show_url() hangs in threaded programs

Em Qui, 23 Ago 2001 22:29:56 Pawel Salek escreveu:

> On 2001.08.22 21:52 Pawel Salek wrote:
> > I have impression that something has got broken in gnome_show_url() and
> > related functions (or perhaps, a bug has surfaced that has not been
> > active earlier).
>
> After closer investigation, I think the problem is in gthread library. I
> attach a test program with does some threading and forking at the same
> time.
> The program WorksForMe(TM) when compiled as follows:
> # cc atfork-test.c -lthread

gcc atfork-test.c -lpthread

mythread, i=0
ATFORK: prepare_parent
ATFORK: resume_parent
ATFORK: resume_child
Child is here
Parent, waiting for child 12291
Main thread waits for the thread to join.
mythread, i=1
mythread, i=2
mythread, i=3
mythread, i=4

> The program hangs when compiled as follows:
> # cc atfork-test.c -lgthread -lglib

chbm@sal[~/gnomecvs]>./a.out
mythread, i=0
Parent, waiting for child 12301
Child is here

[hang]

> I think it should not happen so (and gnome programs hang because they link
> against gthread). Can someone confirm it? Offer a solution?

oddly, I never noticed any of the balsa hangs.

glibc-2.2.2-10
glib-1.2.10-ximian.2

I am Homer of Borg! Prepare to be... OOooo! donuts!