Re: request for help

On 2001.08.21 12:13:59 +0200 christophe barbé wrote:
> Ali,
>
> It's seem's that the bug (the main one) is pthread related.
> If i understand corrcetly, when I call popen I duplicate the whole process
> with all threads and mutex and this leads to a deadlock (need to be
> clarify).
>
> Christophe

bash-2.05$ gdb /tmp/balsa/src/balsa
GNU gdb 5.0
This GDB was configured as "i686-pc-linux-gnu"...
(gdb) run
Starting program: /tmp/balsa/src/balsa
[New Thread 1024 (LWP 21707)]

[Switching to Thread 1024 (LWP 21707)]
0x8083e2d in update_xsysop_value () at pref-manager.c:978
978		 if (balsa_app.xsysop_cmd[0] == 0) return;
(gdb)

oki, i noticed that this segfaults causes because you call the function
without check if i have SystemIdentificationCmd in my balsa prefs. i
manually added this 'SystemIdentificationCmd=uname' and run again. this
happens.

bash-2.05$ gdb /tmp/balsa/src/balsa
GNU gdb 5.0
This GDB was configured as "i686-pc-linux-gnu"...
(gdb) run
Starting program: /tmp/balsa/src/balsa
[New Thread 1024 (LWP 26626)]
--> Linux

thread_db: map_id2thr failed: invalid thread handle
(gdb)

any ideas how to go any further so i could come into normal operations
and check that threading thingy ?

--
Name....: Ali Akcaagac
E-Mail..: mailto:ali.akcaagac@stud.fh-wilhelmshaven.de