Re: request for help
- From: Brian Stafford <brian stafford uklinux net>
- To: Pawel Salek <pawsa theochem kth se>
- Cc: Pawel Salek <pawsa theochem kth se>,christophe barbé <christophe barbe lineo fr>,balsa mailing-list <balsa-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: request for help
- Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 11:13:54 +0100
On Tue, 21 August 11:04 Pawel Salek wrote:
> there is a function:
> /* Terminate all threads in the program except the calling process.
> Should be called just before invoking one of the exec*() functions.
> extern void pthread_kill_other_threads_np (void) __THROW;
> I guess it is the one we should try to call...
This sounds like a convenience function. Any pthread symbol ending
in _np or _NP is non-portable.
My guess is that if the xxx_np capability is provided it's probably an
optimisation over the portable code, so that and the portable version should
be protected with #if HAVE_XXX and tested for by ./configure
] [Thread Prev