Re: "file:" URLs?
- From: Brian Stafford <brian stafford uklinux net>
- To: Albrecht Dreß <albrecht dress arcormail de>
- Cc: Brian Stafford <brian stafford uklinux net>,Toralf Lund <toralf kscanners com>,Balsa Mailing List <balsa-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: "file:" URLs?
- Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 17:43:48 +0100
On Mon, 20 August 17:14 Albrecht Dreß wrote:
> I see your point that you don't want to send huge files as attachments.
> However, I think the solution for your problem is sending a mail with mime
> type message/external-body, according to RFC 2046, section 5.2.3 (Agree,
message/external-body would be mega. The IETF distributes documents this way
to those subscribed to their mailing lists.
> Here you can also specify the access method (like local file,
> anonymous ftp, tftp). I have no idea if balsa (or libmutt or whatever) does
> support this, though.
Not to my knowledge. However I suspect that the url scheme to helper mapping
would be a good start to a back end for message/external-body. Better still
it might be a common backend within balsa for both that and the url handling
> Exactly. And therefore I *really* don't think implementing support for file:
> uri's in balsa is a good idea. At least it should be disabled by default (if
> possible during configure, as some users tend to deactivate all security...)
] [Thread Prev