Re: multi smtp server support

On 2001.08.19 14:48:37 +0100 christophe barbe wrote:

> 2/ use an internal HEADER field (par example: BALSA_INTERNAL_ID) to store

Private header names should start with "X-".  Although '_' is OK '-' is
more conventional.  So your example header would be better named
"X-Balsa-Internal-Id:".

> the ID associated with the message and then use this field to select the
> smtp server.
> This header field should be remove before sending (then we need a new
> function in libesmtp).

The function already exists.  Just call
  smtp_set_header_option (message, "X-Balsa-Internal-Id", Hdr_PROHIBIT);

> 3/ use explicitly an outbox by smtp server. Then when you had a server you
> are asked to specify an outbox and this box is seen in your mailbox tree.

This would be my preferred solution.  You know for certain which messages are
sent via which header.  If a message will go via the wrong server, just transfer
it to the correct outbox.  Its probably also the easiest to implement in terms
of the way that libbalsa/send.c currently works.

Regards
Brian Stafford