Re: PATCH: Basic IMAPS support

On 2001.08.18 10:32 Carlos Morgado wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 17, 2001 at 10:50:22PM -0700, Manuel McLure wrote:
> > The following patch adds basic IMAPS support to Balsa. I call it
> "basic"
> > because there is no certificate checking going on - however the
> connection
> > is encrypted.
> >
> dude! i've been just merging you're previous patch with my current ssl
> stuff. it *almost* works now.
>
> i'm hoping to have it all good enough to commit to HEAD tonight, so hold
> on
> till then please ;)
> i'll also take this new patch into account.
>
> btw, your stuff overlaped mine pretty nicely.
>
> > At the moment you need to manually set the "Port" field to 993 *and*
> check
> > the "Use secure IMAP" checkbox on the mailbox or folder definition page
> for
> > this to work. I am planning to have the checkbox put the default port
> > setting (993 or 143) in the "Port" field when it is set/unset but I
> have to
> > study the GUI aspects a bit longer before I would feel comfortable
> doing
> > this (on the other hand, if someone more GUI-savvy wants to do this for
> me,
> > go ahead!).
> >

> note, i'm using "use_ssl" and "SSL" notation instead of secure cause it's
> less prone to confusion (TLS, CRAM-MD5 and such)
>
> cheers

OK, fair enough. Before you merge my patch, check out the version I've
attached to this email. Peter Bloomfield found a segfault in my original
patch, and as well I disable the GUI portions if you don't build with
--with_ssl

--
Manuel A. McLure KE6TAW | ...for in Ulthar, according to an ancient
<manuel@mclure.org>     | and significant law, no man may kill a cat.