Compilaiton PBs

	Hi all,
I finally managed to update a bit my dist in order to compile
balsa-1.1.7. But of course it does not compile, it would be too
beautiful :) Here is the message it stops on :
libtool: link: cannot find the library `/usr/lib/libaudiofile.la'
but I have the 2 packages libaudiofile, libaudiofile-dev installed
(version is 0.1.9). There is a libaudiofile.so file, but no '.la' file.
How could I correct that ?
If it's important I have a debian-potatoe, somewhat upgraded to woody.
Thanks
Manu