Re: Building with libiconv

On Fri, 10 August 14:51 Pawel Salek wrote:

> Concerning BSD issues, I am 100% to support it but I am not sure how to
> check for it, would something like this work on BSD:
>
> AC_CHECK_LIB(iconv, iconv_open, , [
> 	AC_CHECK_LIB(giconv, iconv_open, , [
> 		AC_CHECK_FUNC(iconv_open, , [
>                 	AC_MSG_ERROR([*** You need iconv for balsa.])
> 		])
> 	])
> ])

I've been thinking about this problem on and off since this morning.
Extending the iconv test beyond what's there now will need some extra care,
in part because the patch needs to go into libmutt's configure.in as well
and in part because the way for testing for iconv slightly breaks the normal
autoconf way of doing things.  Also the iconv() in glibc 2.1.2 isn't good
enough for libmutt.

Currently I'm thinking about writing a ACX_WITH_ICONV() macro to go in
a iconv.m4 file for inclusion in both the balsa and libmutt configure.in
files.

Watch this space, but don't hold your breath just yet.

Brian