Re: 'Intelligent' quoting

On 2001-04-30 12:40 Evrard Nicolas wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Here is a patch to quote more cleverly a message
> [...]
> I hope this is not too ugly code ...

Code seems ok. concerning the FIXME question about the regexp
compilation: this is a very real problem (imagine that user types
incorrect regexp and then "tests it with fire" by looking if it does
what it is supposed to do). Later call to regexec() with the inproperly
compiled regular expression usually crashes and we cannot afford that.

I would suggest using the current method for quoting if the regexp
compilation fails, if this is not too troublesome. Would you mind taking
this into account?

Thanks.

/Pawel

--
Pawel Salek (pawsa@theochem.kth.se) http://www.theochem.kth.se/~pawsa/
Theoretical Chemistry Division, KTH voice: +46 8 790-8202