Re: importing address books

On 2001-04-25 01:07 Nerijus Baliunas wrote:
> > There are pending patches for LDIF and pine address book support but
> > they are not merged yet. I don't know about any code related to
> > Eudora. So your to-be-written perl script for Eudora address book
> > import is most welcome.
>
> Where are these pending patches? I'd like to look at them.

I have just filed them in bugzilla. When the address book patches were
discussed, it has been discovered that the present vcard support is not
bullet-proof (I had some, hm, bit-artificial but still conforming, test
cases that made it fail). One suggested solution is to reuse gnome-pim
code:

On 2001-04-02 21:19 Stephen P . Wall wrote:
> I did some poking around, and gnome-pim has a library for
> reading and writing vCard format files, it's in the libversit
> subdirectory.  The gnomecard source file "card.c" shows how to
> call the functions.  Looks fairly simple - one function call will
> read the entire file into a linked list of objects, another
> will write the entire list of objects to a file, and it should
> not be difficult to open a file for append, build the object, and
> write it to the file.

/Pawel

--
Pawel Salek (pawsa@theochem.kth.se) http://www.theochem.kth.se/~pawsa/
Theoretical Chemistry Division, KTH voice: +46 8 790-8202