local mail folder problems

I'm running balsa 0.9.5 from the binary RPM on a Red Hat Linux 6.2 machine.
Everything seems now to be running correctly (I'll admit I've not tested
IMAP), except for folder management. If I attempt to create local mail
folders and manage them using the mechanism provided in balsa, I will
invariably crash. I have a bug report that I can send with all the relevant
information from one of those crashes.

However, there is a workaround that I have been using with great succes - I
just don't think that it was the intended solution. If I want to create a
new mailbox, I exit balsa, go to my local mail directory, add whatever
subdirectories off that directory I need to map to my intended mail folder
tree in balsa, and when I have navigated to the subdirectory corresponding
to the folder I want to put my mailbox in, I issue a "touch MyNewMailbox"
command, with the name of the mailbox taking the place of "MyNewMailbox".
After that, I re-enter balsa, and the autodetect finds the new file and adds
the mailbox to the tree.

It would be a lot nicer, though, if the interface in balsa was working for
me. Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Raven
Raven (not the OTHER Raven, THAT Raven :-)
<ravens_nest@att.net> <http://home.att.net/~ravens_nest>

And if love remains
Though everything is lost
We will pay the price