a nice MIME library implementation

So in my short spans of free time lately I've been implementing a MIME
library that hopefully everyone can benefit from. It's in C and uses glib.

I haven't dumped it into gnome cvs yet but eventually I will under the
module name of gmime (yea yea, very creative...I know).

I'm not sure how good the Balsa MIME implementation is but I know that most
mail clients don't even come close to implementing it the Right Way (tm).
As far as Spruce's MIME...it basically sucks BADLY :-)

For now you can check gmime out of SourceForge CVS:

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.spruce.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/spruce login

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.spruce.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/spruce co
gmime

I have yet to test it against some "real" MIME messages so there may be
some bugs to work out and it should really be checked to make sure it is
100% RFC compliant but I believe that it is at least very very close if not
on the mark.

currently "make install" will not work because the docs haven't been
written yet, a quick hack to get "make install" to work is to just:

echo "install:" > doc/Makefile

Hopefully everyone can find this useful

Jeff of Spruce fame.

--