Re: Balsa, SMTP-password (fwd)

On Thu, 7 Sep 2000, Carlos Morgado wrote:

> On Thu, 07 Sep 2000 16:40:03 Ian Campbell wrote:
> >
> > Anyone know the answer to this one? (SMTP auth..)

It's not just SASL (though that's what makes sense). There are different
types of SMTP AUTH, including plain (blech, what POP3 uses), and
differring forms of encryption.

If your IP is static, your mail provider should be able to relay mail from
your domain from your IP as well... SMTP AUTH is pretty new, and while
cool, I can't see many people enforcing its use at this time. The client
support just isn't quite all there yet (Eudora just recently added support
for it).

--
Nathan P. Clemons                       "Peace favor your code."
nathan@windsofstorm.net                 ICQ: 2810688