Re: Threading

> Also, AFAIK, the In-Reply-To header is not guaranteed to have anything of
> value for threading like a message-id.  We should rely on the References
> header instead, which has to contain threading information according to the
> standard.

According to my reading of what JWZ writes, References is defined the same
as In-Reply-To (ie nothing useful) But the usenet standard deifnes
References to contain useful information, and this is what a lot of mail
readers choose to do, so it is worth looking at..

> I think we should aim for jwz's algorithm, it has been well tested and is
> the best one I've ever seen from a usability standpoint (with the
> placeholder messages especially)

I definately like the look of it.

Perhaps we should commit the CTree conversion stuff now (since it can't
hurt...), but not put threading in until it is implemented properly.

BTW, Does balsa put useful References and In-Reply-To headers in mail it
sends?

Ian.