Re: idle time
- From: Pawel Salek <pawsa TheoChem kth se>
- To: Asim_Zuberi spgl com
- Cc: balsa-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: idle time
- Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 08:50:40 +0200 (CEST)
On Tue, 12 Sep 2000 Asim_Zuberi@spgl.com wrote:
> How can I tweak the idle time - because after xx number of minutes by
> session gets timed out and then
> I have to shutdown "balsa" and restart it.
1. I do not think there is a way to go around the IMAP timeout: the IMAP
RFC says that IMAP servers may timeout (but at least after 30 minutes of
inactivity) and all the IMAP servers I used do so.
2. You can check the "check mail every ..." option in preferences. In
general, I would recommend you to go througha all the pages in
Preferences. It seems many of your question would be answered by doing so.
3. Use balsa-0.9.4, it handles idle timeout (at least, for me, I would be
happy to get information (backtrace, etc) about cases when it doesn't).
Pawel Salek (firstname.lastname@example.org) http://www.theochem.kth.se/~pawsa/
Theoretical Chemistry Division, KTH voice: +46 8 790-8202
] [Thread Prev