Problems sending queued mail

Hi all.
I'm having som trouble sending queing mails in Balsa (1.0-pre3). As far as
can figure from the list archive I'm suppose to selecet "local mail user
agent"
so I've done that. When I click send the mail gets stored in the Outbox.
When I
click "send queued mail" a window opens and closes in a split secound (the

sendmail window i suppose) and nothing happens the mail stays in the Outbox!

I'm using Debian 2.2 whith the sendmail program installed. I've not set
sendmail up in any regard - in fact I can't seem to find any senmail
configuration file on my system. I have no idea whether this is good or bad.

--
Regards Martin Leopold.
Dept. of Computer Science, University of Copenhagen