Balsa as a newsreader?!

Czesc! (Hi!)

    Have you ever thought about adding a newsreader to Balsa? I (and
I think many, many other people) would like to have both an email
program and a newsreader in one program, just like Mozilla/Netscape
Mail&News component, which even though meets my demands is unusable
and is too uncomfortable in compare to Balsa.

    Some time ago, I have even started my own project [1] which goal
was to write a newsreader and an email program in one but I have
never though that this would require so much work :-) (I think
the project is dead now, after writing approx. 700KB of code,
unfortunately). After (or before this, I don;t remeber) I have improved
Mutt, so in the meantime I could read Usenet in Mutt, but in the long
term it is rather unacceptable. That is why I'm looking now for a new
foundation for my idea - Balsa seems good for this, since 90%
of required code is already written. The question is: will you
accept it? Obviously, since Balsa is open source I could do it
without knowing your opinion, but I would like to know how
small or big are chances of incorporating my changes into
main Balsa branch.

Ok, I think that is all, sorry for my English, it's lousy, I know,
but unfortunately day lasts only 24 hours :-)

[1] - project name is YAYAM and homepage is at http://yayam.pld.org.pl/yayam,
unfortunately code in CVS is out-of-date, the improved version
is currently only on my harddisk (which can even send emails :-)

Pozdrowienia (Regards)
--