mbox?

Hello everybody,

Just new to Balsa :)
I was wondering whether I was really thick. Explanation:
on the website I remember reading Balsa supports mbox-style mailboxes.
But how do I access those? Apparently Balsa expects a directory, and if I
tell it what file my inbox is in (typically /var/spool/mail/mickwicky),
nothing happens at all really.
Can anyone please tell me how to proceed? My former mail client
(PERL-based, you'd be surprised) can only export to an mbox file, so I'm
very intent on exporting my 200-odd emails.

Cheers to all,

Michael