Lost Toolbar

I've some how lost my toolbar. It's totally gone. If I go into preferences
and change anything related to the toolbar I get a segfault when I click OK
or APPLY. I don't believe that it is a Balsa problem because I have
completely removed and reinstalled Balsa and still have the problem.  Since
I'm not a programmer, looking at the code doesn't help me figure out which
GNOME part is at fault.

Any suggestions on which part of GNOME to reinstall?
--
Later ...
Ray