Re: Storing Addresses

On May 27 2000 FITZSIMMONS THOMAS wrote:

> I have a patch ready.

Thank you.  It looks okay to me, I'll dump it into the latest cvs.

> I've added a "Store Address" item to the pop-up menu that comes up when
> you right click on a message in the index.
>
> Right now, you can only store one address at a time.
>
> The address is stored as a VCARD entry in the .gnome/GnomeCard.gcrd file.
> I use message->from->personal as the FN: field (making sure that there is
> not already an entry with FN:message->from->personal) and then store
> message->from->mailbox in the EMAIL;INTERNET: field. The VCARD entry is
> placed at the end of the .gcrd file.
>
> This works for now, but it would probably be better if the "Store Address"
> menu item opened a gnome card window with the personal name and the e-mail
> address as defaults. Any ideas on how to do this?

It's a good start for sure... perhaps instead of attempting to pop open
GnomeCard, we should simply pop up a dialog that has fields for:

Card Name
First Name
Last Name
Company Name
Email Address

which would be filled with some guesses done by the program. Then we can create
a VCARD or whatever quite easily. Also, GnomeCard will be phased out in favour
of Evolution whenever that get's off the ground, so we probably shouldn't depend
on it.

MBG

--
  Matthew Guenther                     Nothing matters very much, and few
  mguenthe@netcom.ca                   things matter at all.