Re: Debian packages...

On Wed, May 24, 2000 at 07:57:58PM +0200, Pawel Salek wrote:

> On 2000-05-24 19:51 Jules Bean wrote:
> > The documentation build throws up errors --- looks like I may well
> > have an old version of db2html??
>
> I have db2html that comes with stylesheets-0.13rh-4 redhat package and it
> compiles
> the help without problem.

Hmm.  I have only `cygnus-stylesheets' 0.10.2.  Perhaps debian is out
of date here. Still, the help files appear to work anyway..

> > The .po messages *still* don't install cleanly on a DESTDIR build ---
> > how does the rpm overcome this?
>
> The rpm applies rpm-po.patch just ater unpacking - the patch is basically
> the same as yours, we can rename it to something package-independent.

Perhaps we should simply apply it to CVS, since it does no harm in the
case that DESTDIR is not set?

> > However, I have to consider merging those patches made by the kind
> > Martin Schulze, found in
> >
> > http://www.debian.org/Bugs/db/60/60319.html
>
> I think most of it is already in balsa.

I'm very busy right now (important exams).  If some kind person could
check over the diff I attach to this email (which is a diff against
the 0.6.0 source tree) and confirm that everything it fixes is either
now fixed in the 0.8.0 tree or no longer relevant, I'd be very
grateful. (Obviously where the diff affects things in the debian/ dir
you can ignore that, and the stupidly duplicated Makefile in help/.  I'm
interested in the changes it makes to the POT catalogue, and
libbalsa_private.h, local-mailbox.c, main.c and sendmsg-window.c)

Jules

--
Jules Bean                          |        Any sufficiently advanced
jules@{debian.org,jellybean.co.uk}  |  technology is indistinguishable

balsa_0.6.0-1.1.diff.gz