No text in message window?

I have a peculiar problem with Balsa, when I select a mail to read I get the message headder
but no message text. What is going on? I ought to admit that I have been upgrading some
libraries in order to install the latest version of Gnumeric, but the last thing I did was to
re-install libPropList, which is the only thing I can think that would directly impact Balsa.

One other thing, it does not seem to affect the Root user. I guess that should give me a clue.
But any other idea's folks might like to suggest in the interim?

TIA

Paul