Balsa much more stable after gnome-libs-0.6

Since downloading and installing Gnome-libs-0.6 yesterday I have not had one
Balsa crash,
prior to that pretty much anything I did would cause Balsa to fall over, Very
frustrating.

I knew these crashes could not be all attributed to Balsa because I had some
additional error
messages at the command line before even loading X. I am curious - and this may
not be the
proper place to ask and I do so because my problems manifested themselves worst
in Balsa
 - why would Gnome-libs affect Red hat 6.0 before even X was started?

Regards