Re: POP3 problem

On 2000-06-25 13:32 Steve Loft wrote:
> ** WARNING **: Cannot open the temporary mailbox to spool POP3 messages:
> "gnome/program"

I am not balsa POP expert but my guess is that balsa wants to spool
messages to a non-existing mailbox. I cannot explain why your spool file has such a
strange file name. The only guess is that your MAIL env variable is set to
this value. (if you are into hacking, check out
libbalsa/misc.c:balsa_guess_mail_spool()).

On most of the systems MAIL is set to /var/spool/mail/$USER,
/var/mail/$USER or something similar (where $USER is the username).

/Pawel